Agro-business & Food Tech Fortification
- Agri-input sectors like seed, fertilizer, Pesticide, irrigation & Farm Machinery
- Post-Harvest infrastructure
- Food processing like eligible oil, rice, sugarcane, potato, fruits & vegetables & spices.
- Frozen food is the second largest export sector of the economy. The massive natural resources available in Bangladesh make this sector particularly promising for investors looking to supply in international as well as in domestic markets.
Special Incentives from the Government :
- 100% foreign equity is allowed (Except for defense, nuclear energy, currency and forest plantations)
- Tax incentives for 5-7 years based on location and industry dependent
- Cash Incentives: electricity consumption special rebate of 20% to agro-processing sector
- Tariff-free access to European union
- Cash incentives and export subsidies for selected export products ranging from 5% to 20%
- Loan disbursement target in agriculture is USD 2 Billion
- Entrepreneurs Equipment Fund is allowed agro-sector
- More than 47.5% of population dependent on agriculture for livelihood